Skip to main content

Happiness

I can do all things through him who strengthens me...

Comments

Unknown said…
Ory! I miss you! And...you are so sweet with your kind comments. I sure do love all of this blogging fun. We've having a relaxing summer but we plan to get back into the Saturday Family programs at the Sugarland branch. I hope to see you there!
Ory said…
Sarah,

How are the kids. Is Madeleine ready to leave yet? Miss you all too...
I've been busy with a bathroom remodel at my home and other things. I will be doing butterfly gardening workshop in Sugarland Saturday. Maybe I'll see you soon. If you do go to the museum, go outside and look at the garden it has really filled out.
Unknown said…
We still talk about how amazing that field trip was last year. I need to keep my eyes and ears out for more trips like that. Madeleine is in college heaven. I am so thrilled how well she has adjusted and made truly special friends. She adores her roommate (whew!) and is in a group of 45 girls that make up the "honors" group and live in the same building. I think that has made all the difference to how well she is liking everything. We haven't met the new director yet and arranged for volunteering this year. Riley's schedule is so full during the day. We should probably sign up for those Saturday family days. Those are so much fun. I will look at the gardens! You must have been busy with the growing season!
Unknown said…
Ory, aren't those powerful words in that photo above? I was thinking of you the other day. We are hosting Xmas here in Houston with Patrick's family. They are so excited about the Maya and Medici exhibits at the museum! I thought of your work there and miss our volunteering days. Riley's high school schedule is so intense that taking hours out of a day during the week would put him behind schedule. I hope you are enjoying the activities at the museum!
Unknown said…
Oh, BTW, I've discovered Chookaloonks blog! She makes me laugh with her charm and wit!

Popular posts from this blog

The Septic System Landscaping Dilema

Here is a photo of the landscaping around our aerobic septic system   http://www.damnseptictank.com/ holding tanks prior to removal of landscaping. The variegated shrubs and sago palm were babies when I planted them. The red shrimp plants were frequently visited by hummingbirds and swallowtail butterflies.  I purchased the pastel pink crape myrtles from Cornelius nurseries on Dairy Ashford when I was an employee there in 96'. They were only supposed to grow 18 feet but at the time of removal they were 30 feet. Needless to say their roots were tickled pink to be on top of the septic tanks. I had to remove the landscaping because the roots of our 70' tall gorgeous bald cypress tree had invaded the septic tanks. Whatever I chose to put in place of the previous landscaping had to have shallow roots.  So, for the first season I decided to put down some native wildflower mix I purchased from the Wildseed Farm in Fredericksburg.   http://www.wildseedfarms.com/ I also put

Fairies In A Jar

Saw this photo on Pinterest, thought I'd share.  I remember catching fireflies in a mason jar at my grandmothers house during the summer months spent in Plaucheville, Louisiana.  What a cool activity for after sunset with the children.  I would imagine you could place the contents of the glow stick into a recycled plastic water bottle for the young ones. Photo and directions were copied from Pinterest. How To Make Fairies In A Jar This is something everyone will love you can just imagine the look on your childs face when they see this and its something they will never forget so its worth a little work on this one. FAIRIES IN A JAR DIRECTIONS: 1. Cut a glow stick and shake the contents into a jar. Add diamond glitter 2. Seal the top. perthmedias.com