Skip to main content

Lemon Icebox Pie

Today I made a Lemon Icebox Pie. I got the recipe from a cookbook published for Katy First Baptist Church's 100th Centennial Celebration. Its a breeze to make and quite delicious with a warm cup of tea.
Whenever I have the opportunity to squeeze fresh citrus juices and freeze them for later use I do so. I utilized the lemon juice I had previously frozen for this recipe. I cheated and used a store bought crust.
Here is the recipe:
1 can condensed milk, 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, 2 egg yolks
Mix all the ingredients on low speed with elec. mixer less than one minute. Put the ingredients in a precooked pie pastry shell(400 degrees for 10 minutes) and top with three egg whites whipped until light and fluffy.
Whipped Egg White Topping:
The egg whites should be room temperature and to the three egg whites you add 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar and two table spoons of sugar. Mix the egg whites until they form peaks and the sugar is dissolved.

Once you have added the egg whites forming little peaks, then place the pie back into a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes in order to cook the whites and the egg yolks in the filling and allow them to lightly brown.

Comments

Pen Pen said…
WE show Pierre Herme how to do it right!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness

I can do all things through him who strengthens me...

The Septic System Landscaping Dilema

Here is a photo of the landscaping around our aerobic septic system   http://www.damnseptictank.com/ holding tanks prior to removal of landscaping. The variegated shrubs and sago palm were babies when I planted them. The red shrimp plants were frequently visited by hummingbirds and swallowtail butterflies.  I purchased the pastel pink crape myrtles from Cornelius nurseries on Dairy Ashford when I was an employee there in 96'. They were only supposed to grow 18 feet but at the time of removal they were 30 feet. Needless to say their roots were tickled pink to be on top of the septic tanks. I had to remove the landscaping because the roots of our 70' tall gorgeous bald cypress tree had invaded the septic tanks. Whatever I chose to put in place of the previous landscaping had to have shallow roots.  So, for the first season I decided to put down some native wildflower mix I purchased from the Wildseed Farm in Fredericksburg.   http://www.wildseedfarms.com/ I also put

Fairies In A Jar

Saw this photo on Pinterest, thought I'd share.  I remember catching fireflies in a mason jar at my grandmothers house during the summer months spent in Plaucheville, Louisiana.  What a cool activity for after sunset with the children.  I would imagine you could place the contents of the glow stick into a recycled plastic water bottle for the young ones. Photo and directions were copied from Pinterest. How To Make Fairies In A Jar This is something everyone will love you can just imagine the look on your childs face when they see this and its something they will never forget so its worth a little work on this one. FAIRIES IN A JAR DIRECTIONS: 1. Cut a glow stick and shake the contents into a jar. Add diamond glitter 2. Seal the top. perthmedias.com